In March 2017, CFE together with the European Engineered Construction Systems Association (ECS) has published a common Position Paper. This paper addresses the current situation regarding the issue of ETAs based on ETAGs and EADs. It aims to eliminate uncertainties and formal obstacles for the manufacturers in order to give them the opportunity to use ETAs as a way to CE marking for innovative products, as intended by the CPR.
Click here for download: CFE_ECS_Strengthening_the_ETA_route
The separate issues refer to
- Procedural aspects
- Involved institutions and
- Legal requirements.
The main issues are:
- Change from ETAGs to EADs
- Transition between EAD versions
- Availability of all EADs which are the basis for a valid ETA
- Availability of Notified Bodies for new or updated EADs
- Industry friendly amendment of the rules for DoPs for products covered by an ETA
- Modularity of EADs