Construction Fixings Europe (CFE) represents leading European manufacturers of
- metal, plastic and bonded anchors,
- direct fixings (powder actuated fixings) and
- drill bits for concrete and masonry.
CFE represents companies of all sizes: from small family businesses and SMEs up to larger companies:
- 50% of CFE members have less than 50 employees
- 39% of CFE members have less than 250 employees.
CFE member companies are located in Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Poland and UK.
Most of the companies hold one or more ETAs for their anchors.
Synergies arise from the combination of the broad knowledge and the ressources of bigger companies with the specific input and product know how of SMEs.
CFE is a sub-association of the European Tool Committee (CEO).
CFE members stand for:
- Research, development and manufacturing in Europe.
- Innovative and safe construction fixing products.
- Reliable CE-marking based on state-of-the-art ETAs.
- World-wide harmonisation of assessment methods (USA, China, Australia …).
- Correct use of CE marking and references to ETAs in advertising, defined in a Code of Conduct.
- Levelled playing field for European manufacturers of all sizes.
- Short time-to-market for innovative products with new ETAs under fulfilment of all legal requirements for CE marking.
- Robust products and user-friendly installation instructions to prevent installation failures.
CFE experts represent the interests of CFE members in the following bodies:
- Construction Products Europe (CPE)
- EOTA WG’s 001, 014, 020 and 029
- CEN Committees and WGs:
- ORGALIME CPR task force